JustCars.ca: Borgward classic car review and info resource|
JustCars.ca: Borgward classic car review and info resource.
Isabella Borgward was a German automobile manufacturer founded by Carl F. W. Borgward (November 10, 1890 - July 28, 1963).
Borgward classic cars and vintage automobiles resources:
The Borgward TSdeluxe Classic Car
The first "automobile" Carl Borgward designed was the Blitzkarren (i.e lightning cart, a sort of tiny three-wheeled van with only two horsepower (1.5 kW), which was, in the gap in the market, it filled, an enormous success. Traders with a small budget bought it for delivery. The Reichspost ordered many of them for postal service. In 1929 Borgward became the director of Hansa Lloyd AG and lead the development of the Hansa Konsul. In February 1937 came the new Hansa Borgward 2000 and in 1939 the name was shortened to Borgward 2000. The 2000 model was followed by the Borgward 2300 that remained in production until 1942. After WW2 the company presented the Borgward Hansa 1500, which was followed by the Borgward Isabella starting in 1954. The Isabella became the most popular model and remained in production for the life of the company. In 1959 the Borgward P100 was introduced, with its impressive pneumatic suspension.
In 1961 the company went into bankruptcy and in 1963 all manufacturing equipment for the Borgward Isabella and P100 was sold to Mexico where production was continued until 1970.
The Borgward group produced cars with the four brands Borgward, Hansa, Goliath and Lloyd.
One of the top engineers at Borgward was Dipl. Ing. Hubert M. Meingast between 1938 and 1952.
AMC Borgward Isabella
The AMC Borgward Isabella was a short-lived Mexican automobile manufactured for one year only, 1979. The sedan was so named because it featured a Mexican Borgward engine and AMC coachwork.
Borgward and Related Links
Borgward links from the Open Directory Project:
Borgward links from Wikipedia:
- Australian Borgward Club - Includes a history of the make, club details, tips, news, and photo gallery.
- Borgward in South Africa - Contains details of shows and events, a picture Gallery and list of clubs.
- 1960 Borgward Isabella Kombi - Profile of the Borgward Isabella, including specifications and a listing of its more unusual features, such as the 6-volt electrical system.
- Borgward Isabella Oldtimer - Contains history and photographs.
- Borgward Owners Club - Features the option for owners and enthusists to swap ideas and ask questions. Also includes a newsletter, technical tips, reports, and photo gallery.
- Borgward Owners Elite - Contains a forum and an area to swap or trade spare parts.
- Portal for Borgward Fans - Contains the history of Carl F. W. Borgward, the factory, and the models. Also features restoration details and forum.
- The United Kingdom Borgward Drivers Club - Contains a history of the make, committee members, events and photo gallery.
Copyright © JustCars.ca http://www.justcars.ca Borgward classic car review and info resource. The 1979 AMC Borgward Isabella vintage automobile with Mexican Borgward engine and AMC coachwork.